Denlea & Carton


Mount Vernon Personal Injury Lawyers

Fighting for Injury Victims in Mount Vernon, NY

A sudden accident that results in serious, catastrophic injuries can affect nearly every aspect of your life. You may be unable to work or pay your monthly bills. Medical bills alone may create insurmountable financial hardship.

At Denlea & Carton, our Mount Vernon personal injury lawyers represent injury victims and their families. We fight to get fair and full compensation in your case so that you can focus on your recovery. If you have been injured in an accident, contact our office for a free consultation.

Dedicated Advocacy for Accident Victims and Their Families

Our Mount Vernon personal injury lawyers provide the highest quality of legal representation for individuals seriously injured after an accident. If you have been harmed because of someone else’s conduct, you need an attorney with a proven track record of success.

Seeking Medical Treatment for Your Injuries

If you are injured in an accident, you need to seek emergency medical treatment. Whether you are a car accident victim or have been catastrophically injured at work, you need to make sure that you are seen by a medical professional.

After an accident, your body may be in shock and unable to process what has happened. Seeking medical treatment will ensure that any latent injuries are addressed.

What to Do If You Are Seriously Injured

In addition to seeking treatment for your injuries, you need to do the following if you are injured in an accident:

  • Contact 911. A law enforcement officer will complete a police report regarding your injuries. They may be able to obtain information and take witness statements crucial to your case. If you sustain injuries while at work, notify your supervisor immediately.
  • Collect evidence. If you are able, take pictures and video of the accident scene. Write down all relevant details, including what happened before, during, and after the accident.
  • Contact an attorney. Call our office at (914) 368-7168 to speak with a Mount Vernon personal injury lawyer. It is essential to contact us as soon as possible since you only have a limited amount of time to follow a claim for damages.

Damages After an Accident

When another person’s negligence is responsible for your injuries, you deserve compensation. In order to obtain compensation, you will likely have to file a claim for damages. Generally, under New York law, you have three (3) years from the date of the accident to bring an action to recover damages for personal injury.

To determine whether you have a valid claim for damages, you should speak with a Mount Vernon personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after you are injured. There are exceptions to the statute of limitations, but failure to file your claim timely may bar your right to recovery.

Car accident

In a personal injury claim, you may be able to obtain compensation for the following:

  • Medical bills
  • Future medical expenses
  • Cost of therapy or rehabilitation related to your injuries
  • Property damage
  • Lost wages
  • Loss of future earning capacity
  • Pain and suffering

Should I Accept an Insurance Offer?

Many people falsely believe that they can “go it alone” after an accident resulting in serious injury or wrongful death. They assume that an insurance company will offer them a fair and full settlement without having to hire an attorney.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. Insurance companies do not have your best interests at heart and routinely deny valid claims or try to get injury victims to settle for less than their case is worth. To obtain the maximum compensation in your case, you need an attorney that will stand up to the insurance companies and work to get you the most extensive recovery available.

Early insurance settlement offers rarely reflect the true value of your case. Without the help of an attorney, you may be settling for substantially less than your case is worth.

Getting Compensation After an Accident

If you are injured because of another person’s negligence or wrongdoing, you deserve compensation. In order to get the most favorable outcome in your case, it is always recommended that you retain an attorney.

Our legal team is committed to helping injury victims get the largest recovery possible after an accident. Call Denlea & Carton to discuss your legal options and what your claim might be worth. You should never accept a settlement without first having your case reviewed by an experienced Mount Vernon personal injury lawyer.


James R. Denlea

Jeffrey I. Carton

Robert J. Berg

Lindsey Leibowitz

Amber Wallace

John Leifert

Craig Cepler

Steven Schoenfeld

David Rubinstein

Stan Sharovskiy

Phil Smith

Martin McCann

News & Articles

2 Westchester Park Dr #410
White Plains, NY 10604

Map and Driving Directions

Phone: (914) 331-0100
Email: [email protected]

    Contact Us