White Plains Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? Denlea & Carton Can Help.
At Denlea & Carton, we are experienced motorcycle accident lawyers. We know how to fight for injury victims and their families to help them receive the compensation they deserve. Motorcyclists are subject to the same rules of the road as drivers of motor vehicles. As such, motorcyclists should be treated with the same respect in court.
Our team can help you bring a claim against the person or persons responsible for your accident. In New York, motorcycles are not covered under the No-Fault Law. This makes it harder for motorcyclists or their passengers to receive financial compensation for their injuries. Our job is to help motorcycle accident victims get the medical care and financial compensation that they deserve.
New York Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- According to the New York City Department of Transportation (DOT), motorcyclists in New York City are at a higher risk of death than other motorists. Data shows that motorcycles account for as little 2 percent of registered vehicles in the city, but “motorcyclists accounted for 14 percent of traffic fatalities.” The fatal crash rate for motorcyclists in New York City is nearly twice that of the rate for New York State.
- Studies conducted by the DOT indicate that males are substantially more likely to be involved in fatal motorcycle crashes, and 56 percent of riders involved in deadly motorcycle crashes were under the age of 35. Most fatal crashes involving motorcycles occurred on city streets as opposed to highways and involved at least one other vehicle. Visibility is the number one issue cited by motorcycles and other drivers in injury crashes.
- On average, as indicated by the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), there are 141 motorcyclists killed each year in traffic collisions and over 1500 motorcyclists hospitalized. Approximately 4,000 motorcyclists require emergency medical treatment after a traffic-related accident accounting for nearly 22.7 of every 100,000 New Yorkers annually.
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, you need an attorney who will fight to get you the maximum compensation allowed under the law. Motorcycle accidents can result in catastrophic injuries leaving you with tens of thousands of dollars in medical expenses and lost wages. Contact our office today to speak with a knowledgeable White Plains motorcycle accident lawyer. We accept cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning there is no fee unless we win. Call today at (914) 417-4623 to get your case started.
Motorcycle Accident Causes
In motorcycle accidents, there may be more than one factor that contributed to your injuries. Common causes of motorcycle accidents in Westchester County and throughout the area include:
- Driver inattention
- Lack of visibility
- Motorcycle part defect
- Unsafe lane changes
- Texting or using a cell phone while driving
- Failure to yield
- Driving under the influence
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be contacted by a negligent party’s insurance company. It is vital to never accept a settlement without having your case reviewed by a White Plains personal injury lawyer. An insurance representative may try to get you to settle your case for substantially less than it is worth.
We will review all of the evidence in your case and determine the amount of damages you should pursue based on your injuries and the circumstances of the collision. You should never have to settle without receiving “fair and just compensation” for all of your losses. Contact our office today to discuss your legal options and how to move forward with a claim for recovery.
How to Minimize Your Risk
There are some things that you can do as a motorcyclist to minimize your risk of being involved in a motorcycle accident. It’s important to use these tips because almost 2,000 people are hurt or killed every year in motorcycle accidents.
Follow all posted speed limits and the rules of the road.
For younger or inexperienced drivers, it can seem like an exciting option to zoom around traffic or ride between the lanes of traffic. Do not give in to this temptation. Always follow posted speed limits and all other rules of the road.
Wear a helmet and other safety gear.
The injury that kills most people in motorcycle accidents is a head injury. Wearing the right helmet may not prevent the motorcycle accident, but it could save your life. Wearing other safety gear, such as gloves and appropriate leg guards, can minimize your risk of being severely injured.
Be as visible as possible.
Use reflective gear and keep your headlight on during the day. This can help other drivers spot you.
Call Denlea & Carton Today
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident you should talk with our attorneys so that we can get you the compensation that you deserve. In New York, you only have three years from the day that the motorcycle accident occurred to file a lawsuit.
Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of injury victims throughout Westchester County and the surrounding areas. We are committed to providing you the aggressive, individualized representation you need to get the most money in your case. Call our office today at (914) 417-4623 or fill out our online contact form for a free consultation.